Witnessing Documents Through Commissioner for Oaths
Documents requiring witnessing signatures can be witnessed by our Commissioner of Oaths.
To make an appointment:
Call: (204)202-6491 Extension 3
Please look below to ensure you need a Commissioner of Oaths signature.
- What is a Commissioner for Oaths?
- A Commissioner for Oaths is an individual who can administer oaths and take and receive affidavits, statutory declarations and affirmations within Manitoba only.
- What can a Commissioner for Oaths sign?
- A Commissioner for Oaths can take or receive the oath or affirmation from a person who is signing an affidavit or statutory declaration. The documents must be Manitoba documents, staying in Manitoba.
- A Commissioner for Oaths cannot certify or verify documents (they cannot make a photocopy of an original document and state that it is a true copy of the original).
- A Commissioner for Oaths cannot witness Enduring Power of Attorney forms.